WE’RE HERE TO HELP
Morgan Bourque Attorney at Law, Attorneys in The Woodlands, Handling All of the Sensitive Legal Matters Keeping You Up at Night
Morgan Bourque Attorney at Law, is dedicated to serving people in some of life’s darkest and most challenging moments. We offer legal support and objective counsel in the fleeting moments that threaten to steal a person’s health, money, freedom, opportunities, and future. These situations might include a severe criminal charge, divorce, a never-ending child custody battle, or a civil lawsuit.
Our attorneys help our clients reclaim their financial independence after a car accident, navigate complex family law or civil matters, and reach a favorable outcome when faced with life-altering criminal consequences. Our turnkey legal services cover the following:
- Criminal defense and a variety of criminal offenses
- Family law matters such as divorce, paternity, and child custody
- Personal injury representation after a severe accident
- Civil litigation and legal representation for a variety of civil law matters in life and business
When legal matters persist, consider Morgan Bourque Attorney at Law, to help you make decisive decisions and get favorable results in your case.
Awards & ASSOCIATIONS
What Criminal Charges Warrant a Defense Lawyer?
Criminal charges require an aggressive defense lawyer, given the serious consequences. We defend criminals accused of a variety of criminal charges, including:
- Assault: Assault is a violent crime involving threats, contact, and bodily injury that results in misdemeanor or felony charges.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence is physical and violent acts toward a family member, such as a spouse, relative, or child.
- Drug Crimes: Drug crimes involve buying, selling, trafficking, or manufacturing illegal substances that can cause a user severe harm or death.
- Boating While Intoxicated (BWI): Boating while under the influence of drugs or alcohol can seriously injure or kill other people on the water.
- Drug-Related DWI: Driving under the influence of illegal drugs in Texas can cause tragic accidents, personal injury, and death.
- Felony DWI: Driving while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both can result in felony charges when aggravating circumstances are involved.
- Intoxication Manslaughter: Intoxication manslaughter is a fatal drunk driving accident in which an intoxicated driver kills another person by accident.
- Underage DUI: Minors in Texas that drive while impaired by drugs or alcohol are subject to severe consequences if convicted.
- Federal Crimes: Federal crimes are often financial offenses, and a person is subject to federal and state law prosecution.
- Juvenile Crimes: Minor children between 17 and 21 can commit juvenile offenses that result in severe consequences.
- Murder/Manslaughter: The intentional and malicious killing of another person is murder or manslaughter in Texas and results in years or life in prison.
- Capital Murder: The most serious of criminal offenses, a capital murder conviction can result in life in prison without parole.
- Property Crimes: Larceny, burglary, and vehicle theft are examples of property crimes, and a person can be charged with a criminal offense if convicted.
- Prostitution: Sex work in exchange for money is illegal in Texas and requires a solid legal defense to avoid penalties.
- Sex Crimes: Sexual assault, prostitution, rape, and other sex crimes carry a stigma and result in jail time and steep fines, among other things.
- Weapons: Using or possessing illegal weapons in Texas is prohibited, and a convicted person can lose their rights and freedom.
- White-Collar Crimes: Tax evasion, corporate fraud, embezzlement, and money laundering are examples of criminal offenses subject to legal consequences.
- Expunction: People with a criminal past can pursue expunction to remove certain criminal offenses eligible under Texas law.
Can I Pursue Civil Charges with the Help of an Attorney?
Civil matters are everywhere. We help people and businesses resolve civil disputes and disagreements, as civil litigation is one of our core focus areas. Civil matters are non-criminal situations requiring legal intervention as our clients seek to recover damages or losses resulting from another person’s careless actions.
The most common civil litigation cases involve business and family, personal injury, employment, and real estate.
A civil case might be a car accident victim seeking compensation from a drunk driver, an employment or labor dispute, or a disagreement regarding child custody. We help companies and people pursue civil charges if they have been wronged or hurt, or people engage our services to represent them against a civil lawsuit.
Attorneys with Morgan Bourque Attorney at Law help our clients overcome disputes regarding civil matters, reach a beneficial resolution and recover compensation to cover severe damages, losses, or injuries.
Is a Personal Injury Attorney the Answer to My Financial Problems after an Accident?
Our personal injury attorneys help hurt people get compensation for another person or company’s careless actions or negligent behavior. Our personal injury services help accident victims recover from:
- Auto Accidents: Car accidents are the leading cause of personal injuries, and people need compensation to pay for medical bills and lost wages.
- Dangerous Prescription Drugs: Unsafe drugs from drug companies threaten a person’s health and sometimes cause serious harm and death.
- Medical Malpractice: When a physician delivers poor medical care or treatment, it can result in a new condition or cause a person serious harm.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle drivers aren’t as protected, and a motorcycle accident can result in life-altering injuries and death.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Getting hit by a car while walking or running can result in catastrophic physical injuries, mental trauma, and death.
- Slips and Falls: An unsafe workplace can lead to slips and falls, and employees might lose income due to an accident.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accidents are larger vehicles that harm other drivers on the road if an accident occurs.
- Unsafe Products: Companies that don’t test their products before consumer consumption put the public in danger of internal and external harm.
- Unsafe Work Conditions: Employers that don’t practice safety measures in the workplace put everyone in regular danger of personal accidents and injuries.
Latest News & Insights
With Ongoing Family Issues, Can an Attorney Help with Disputes?
Families are emotionally complex. Our attorneys offer legal counsel and relief from family law matters, such as:
- Adoptions: We help adoptive parents understand local laws and protect their rights as they expand their families through different types of adoption.
- Alimony: Spousal maintenance isn’t a requirement in Texas, and we ensure our clients get alimony to support basic needs if there are any income disparities.
- Child Custody: We help parents reach an agreement on a child custody arrangement that’s in the best interest of their children.
- Child Support: We facilitate a child support arrangement for the primary custodial parent to ensure the children are well taken care of.
- Divorce: We help our clients file for divorce and make informed decisions regarding property division, child custody, alimony, and more.
- Father’s Rights: When fathers are denied rights to their children, we bring dads and children back together after divorce or after a child’s birth.
- Paternity: If the paternity of a child is in question, we help parents get answers regarding paternity, financial obligations, and parental responsibilities.
- Property Division: We help spouses reach a fair agreement in property division proceedings regarding earnings, property, and other assets during the marriage.
- Visitation Rights: We help parents spend time with their children and take legal action regarding visitation rights to make it happen.
Why Should I Choose Morgan Bourque Attorney at Law, for My Legal Needs?
Dispute resolution is our forte. Disagreements often drive the need for legal services, from family matters to criminal defense and civil litigation. We are experienced in dispute resolution, which benefits clients as they face tough arguments and decisions that impact their lives and businesses.
Objective and neutral is our position. In dealing with emotionally complex legal issues, our position in any situation is unbiased and aims so we can help our clients make rational and informed decisions about their circumstances. Clients count on our consistent and impartial legal counsel to get them through tough decisions.
Legal strategy is a core pillar. Our firm runs on smart legal strategies to help our clients succeed. We don’t believe in a cookie-cutter approach to any legal matter, and strategy sets us apart from the rest. This is how we consistently get results for our clients in complex criminal defense and family law cases.
Defense is part of our DNA. Our clients face some of the harshest penalties in the legal system. As such, our defense attorneys are always prepared for a challenging and fair fight, giving a voice and protection to many individuals that wouldn’t have a fighting chance otherwise. Defense is in our DNA.
Families come first. Our firm is experienced in criminal defense, which naturally translates to family law, as family law matters are involved and complex on different levels. We compassionately manage and help our clients resolve tricky family law matters and disputes in divorce, child custody, property division, and more.
Results are a priority. Many of our clients come to us after they’ve experienced a problem, like an injury or dispute. This requires us to take immediate action to get our clients closer to a result or an outcome. Our clients know they can count on us to deliver on their needs.
Get in touch with our firm to get the representation you need to handle any legal matter that comes your way. Call: 713-862-7766.
Morgan Bourque Attorney at Law, is located in The Woodlands, Texas, about four minutes from Town Green Park, approximately 15 minutes from Jagged Ridge Park, and a 25-minute drive from Juergen’s Park. George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston is only a 23-minute drive away. Morgan Bourque Attorney at Law, offers family law, personal injury, civil litigation, and criminal defense legal services. Contact us for the legal issues that keep you up at night: 713-862-7766.