COMMON DWI MISTAKES IN TEXAS
What You Should Not Do During a DWI Investigation
From the moment you are pulled over on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI/DWI) of alcohol or drugs, the officer is building a case against you.
Even if you were not driving while intoxicated or under the legal blood alcohol content limit of 0.08, each word and action is meticulously planned to have you incriminate yourself, and make what are known as “DWI mistakes.”
- On-the-spot DWI mistakes include:
- Taking a faulty field sobriety test.
- Answering seemingly-inconspicuous questions.
- Having another passenger speak for you.
- Speaking under duress, and others.
That’s why, if you have made DWI mistakes or believe you may soon receive DWI charges, your choice of lawyer will be one of the most important decisions you ever make. You urgently need an advocate with the skill, dedication, and resources to fight for you. Whether you were aware or unaware of your rights, Attorney Morgan Bourque is the DWI lawyer with the track record of successful drug-related defenses that can help ease the stress of this critical time.
MANY LAW ABIDING CITIZENS CONTINUE TO MAKE COMMON DWI MISTAKES AFTER THE INTERACTION WITH THE POLICE</h2
We can help you avoid:
- Solely representing yourself at an Administrative License Revocation hearing. Many defendants incorrectly believe that merely showing up to the hearing will help them keep their license. Aside from the headaches, The Woodlands DWI defense attorneys at Morgan Bourque Attorney at Law can save you at the hearing, it is also where he can begin clearing your name.
- Retaining the wrong lawyer. Art doesn’t always imitate life, and despite what you may have seen or heard on-screen, an ill-prepared lawyer will not be able to have the charges dismissed with a flashy 30-second statement.
- Communication problems. By engaging directly with you via phone, email and in-person meetings, we can ascertain your medical and criminal histories and use this information. The quicker and more responsive you are, the more effective his defense plan will be.
Get Experienced Legal Help in The Woodlands & Montgomery County
As a former prosecutor, Attorney Morgan Bourque has handled DWI/DUI cases from both sides of the courtroom. With knowledge of common DWI mistakes, he can anticipate the actions that the opposing side may take, and build an even stronger defense based on this insider’s perspective. With over five decades of combined experience, our legal team can defend your rights and protect for your future.
If you have been arrested for a DWI in The Woodlands, Montgomery, Magnolia, Willis, or Spring, call (713) 535-9711 for a consultation today.